Friday, September 14, 2012

TV button not working on Sky Remote

This is quite a common problem but it is difficult to find out the exact information to do with it on the net so I will share my own experience here. 
Standard Sky Remote with TV button on Top Left

The TV button not working on the Sky Remote! What I mean by this is when you press TV on your Sky Remote there is no flashing red LED light as there should be. On the Sky website there are a number of solutions to the problem but no one exclusively for the TV button alone not working.

So this happened me. I though I would have to spend €30 or £35.99 getting a new Sky Remote but I first of all followed the instructions in my Sky manual.

It said 

Press TV
Press Select and Red and hold until LED flashes twice.
Type code for YOUR TV. Mine is a Samsung so it is 0060 but it will be in your Manual or on Sky Website.
Press TV
Press Standby

Your TV buttons should now all work.

They didnt.

So then I decided that I would look up the net and they said that the batteries may need to be replaced.
Also it said on the net that if you have things blocking your Skybox (like nappy boxes in my case) that it can be difficult for your remote to work properly.

Anyways back to the batteries.

Take them out. Put in new ones but only after 20 minutes. When you press the TV button now it ahould work...sometimes. Sometimes it will not work. 

What I did then was to switch the Sky Box off and back on again after 3 minutes and touch nothing and then go to bed. Surely in 8 hours (or 4 with twins) it will have fixed itself.

I went downstairs and after my 2 and a half hours of looking up nets and manuals I went to the Sky remote and hey presto. It was as if the Sky remote had just said to me ."What was all that fuss about last night?" "Of course I work." I pressed TV button. It flashed and I pressed Red button and Select together and LED flashed twice. I typed in 0060 and pressed TV again. Then I pressed standby and my telly went off. I switched it on again and it was working fine.

None of this had happened the previous night.

SO if the TV button on your Sky remote is not working and all else fails sleep on it..well not literally but you get the jist. Just stay in control of your remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment